By registering for an account you agree to the following terms and conditions for use of this website:
1. Only residents of Piedmont or those with children in Piedmont schools will post articles or comments on this website. These users will be termed "qualified users".
2. This service is not provided for anonymous use. You agree to truthfully and accurately fill out the information requested on this registration page including your name and address.
3. Communications on this website does not constitute an official channel of communication with the Piedmont Unified School District or it's School Board. The official way to communicate with the Board is currently email, letters and attending board meetings as described in: http://www.piedmont.k12.ca.us/board-of-education/citizen-input
4. This website is a service provided as a proving ground to help parents market their ideas and allow discussion to improve the ideas and voting to find out which ideas have the most community support prior to presentation to the School Board.
5. Qualified users are encouraged to rate ideas appearing on the "New Idea Xchange" tab which is visible upon login.
6. Qualified users can post their new ideas by clicking "Add Content" and putting the proposed solution in the title field and "idea" in the tag field. The body of the article should begin with the concern and why the solution should address the concern and which schools are affected. Posters are encouraged to rate their own article 5 out of 5 stars and should find their idea on the "New Idea Xchange" tab.
7. Qualified users can improve posted ideas using the Disqus commenting system provided below the articles. These comments must be a) directly relevant to the topic under which it was posted; b) should take into account what was already written on this topic; c) should only contain factual information or a question related to an upcoming decision; d) should be constructive and informative; e) should have a polite and respectful tone without personal attacks; and f) should be as concise as possible.
8. Qualified users can express their opinions using the "thumbs up" and "thumbs down" feature of the Disqus commenting system and also using their topic importance 5 star rating.
9. Your account may be closed or the ability to post messages disabled at the discretion of the website Administrator, after you have been given an email notice of violating posting conduct.
10. If candidate for School Board (Hari Titan) is elected, he promises to keep the "Active Topics" tab updated with the topics being considered by the Board and to copy and paste the next steps are decided upon by the Board President and appearing in minutes of the meetings into the appropriate "Active Topics" thread.
11. If elected, candidate Hari Titan also promises to share any community feedback from this site to other School Board members he feels is relevant to an upcoming Board decision and will encourage the poster to also communicate those ideas using official channels described above.
12. During the course of use of this website, not all features will be functioning all the time. This is an experimental use of open source software which has a good track record but may contain unintentional errors in the software (bugs). Software features may be added or removed based on community or School Board feedback.
13. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY: To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, this website is provided "as is" without warranties, conditions, representations or guaranties of any kind, either expressed, implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to, any implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, satisfactory quality, title, non-infringement or fitness for a particular purpose. this website llc does not warrant the operation of its offerings will be uninterrupted or error free. You bear the entire risk as to the results, quality and performance of the service should the service prove defective. No oral or written information or advice given by a this website llc authorized representative shall create a warranty. This disclaimer of warranty constitutes an essential part of the license agreement. this website. Was designed to be a supplementary educational tool. You are advised to not solely rely on the this website service for any reason.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event and under no legal theory shall Next Millennium Technology Corp or any other person who has been involved in the creation, production, or delivery of this website and its offerings be liable to you or any other person for any general, direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, cover or other damages of any character arising out of the licensing agreement or the use of or inability to use the service, including but not limited to, personal injury, loss of data, loss of profits, loss of assignments, data or output from the service being rendered inaccurate, failure of this website to operate with any other programs, server down time, damages for loss of goodwill, business interruption, computer failure or malfunction, or any and all other damages or losses of whatever nature, even if Next Millennium Technology Corp has been informed of the possibility of such damages.
15. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Parties and supersedes any prior understanding or representation of any kind preceding the date of this Agreement. There are no other promises, conditions, understandings or other agreements, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this Agreement. This Agreement may be modified from time to time by the Administrator of this website.